The Auraria Library is recruiting a Head of Special Collections and Digital Initiatives.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Auraria Library, serving the University of Colorado Denver, Downtown Denver Campus; Metropolitan State College of Denver; and the Community College of Denver seeks a dynamic, energetic and innovative individual to serve as the Head of Special Collections and Digital Initiatives. . . .
Reporting to the Associate Director of Technology and Digital Initiatives, this position is primarily responsible for:
- Providing leadership and a knowledge base for the development of special collections (in all formats) and the digital library at the Auraria Library including identifying collections, developing work flows, and working on technical issues involved in digitization and digital asset management.
- Ingesting new digital content into the Library's digital repository.
- Creating the discovery mechanisms for special and digital collections including helping to expand online presence.
- Collaborating with other institutions involved in our digital repository partnership.
- Providing knowledge of current and emerging best practices, tools, principles and standards for digital preservation and collection management.
- Operating as project manager for digital initiatives and as such communicate effectively in person and in writing.