The Wayne State University Library System is recruiting a Metadata & Discovery Librarian I/II/III.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Metadata & Discovery Librarian works in the Discovery Services Team under the supervision of the Associate Director for Discovery Services. This twelve month position will collaborate with a wide range of library units to support the descoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms.
- Manage and contribute cataloging and metadata for archival, digital and cataloging projects.
- Assist in the management of discovery resources, including the library articles & databases list, EZProxy, electronic resource management records, and the EDS discovery layer.
- Collaborate with members of various library units to describe digital objects and create metadata formats appropriate to the delivery platforms, which many include the Millennium ILS, DLXS image server, Luna imaging system, and other systems required.
- Manage and develop standards for WSU digital collections metadata and cataloging practices. . . .
- Provide support for the Library institutional repository and depositing faculty content.