King's College London has released Measuring the Impact of Digital Resources: The Balanced Value Impact Model.
Here's an excerpt:
This document synthesizes information from the whole Impact Assessment sector and then proposes the Balanced Value Impact Model as a means to effectively carry out an Impact Assessment relating to the benefits of digitization and digital resources in general. It seeks to help the communities identified above to provide a compelling argument for future work. Thus, you will find in this document information on:
- Where the value and impact can be found in digital resources,
- Who are the beneficiaries gaining from the impact and value,
- How to measure change and impact for digital resources,
- What makes for good indicators of change in peopleâ€™s lives,
- How to do an Impact Assessment using the Balanced Value Impact Model, and
- How to present a convincing evidence-based argument for digital resources?