The University of California, Merced Library is recruiting a Digital Communications Librarian .
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The goal of the Digital Communications librarian is to provide a highly usable, relevant, and innovative digital presence in order to effectively connect library users with available library resources and services.
- Develops a well coordinated digital communications strategy that is valuable to users and feasible to implement, maintain, and evaluate
- Creates online services which are engaging and accessible for users through evaluating, selecting, and implementing effective technology based solutions
- Leads the development, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the library's digital presence including its web presence, mobile site, social networking profiles, digital signage, and electronic communications
- Leads the library web team to direct website development through gathering input, identifying issues, and pursuing initiatives
- Contributes design, programming, and information architecture expertise to digital and online projects