The University of Hawaii, West Oahu is recruiting a Head Digital Archivist.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
- Supervises the daily operations of the archive;
- Develops the archive's policies and procedures to guide all aspects of the archive's operations including collection management, cataloging, preservation, and access; . . .
- Oversees digitizing efforts including work with specialized preservation labs and vendors;
- Oversees the acquisition, installation, and support of hardware and software essential to the archive's operations;
- Develops a comprehensive digital preservation & access strategy based on best practices & national/professional standards & which includes long-term storage requirements, copyrights, metadata collection and development of a web-based virtual environment;