The Berkman Center for Internet and Society has released the "Open Access and Scholarly Books: Workshop Report, 19 June 2013."
Here's an excerpt:
The workshop brought together a group of 21 invited publishers, librarians, academics and Open Access innovators to discuss the challenge of making scholarly books Open Access. This report captures discussions that took place on the day. . . .
The day was divided into six sessions:
- Open Access Mandates and Implications for Books;
- Emerging Business Models for OA Books;
- The Impact of OA on the Monograph Ecosystem;
- Scholarly Publishing and Collective Action;
- Metadata and Metrics to Support OA Monographs;
- Roundup and Routes Forward.