University of Florida Libraries are recruiting a Digital Production Manager.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
Manages the Digital Library Center production units, consisting of Ingest; Imaging; Audiovisual; Quality Control; Metadata, Markup, Loading, and Archiving.
- Establishes, maintains, and assesses overall production workflow;
- Maintains accurate tracking and inventory for production and pending queues;
- Advises the Head of Digital Services and project administrators concerning progress toward overall project goals and relevant day-to-day operations (scheduling, hardware/software needs and failures, etc.) via formal reports and informal communication;
- Identifies risks and analyzes capacity;
- Consults on the development of grant proposals and in the administration of awarded projects;
- Manages budgets by tracking and assuring available funding levels for continuous operation, including multiple grant funded projects;
- Works with DLC staff to develop cost-effective and quality-control techniques for digitization;