The McGill University Library is recruiting a Data Reference Services Librarian.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
To coordinate and lead the delivery of data reference services in the library to support teaching, learning and research activities at McGill University.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide training to librarians on data-related information services, resources and problem-solving approaches to handle data-related reference questions.
- Provide guidance to librarians in answering advanced or unusual data-related questions from patrons.
- Assist librarians in updating and maintaining subject guides to include applicable data information sources.
- Assist Collection Services staff in the acquisition, cataloguing and preparation of data for users (e.g., creating metadata for available datasets).
- Work with Digital Initiatives to create and maintain a portal or service to facilitate user access to various types of data.