OCLC Research has released The Evolving Scholarly Record.
Here's an excerpt from the announcement:
Here's an excerpt:
- A confluence of trends is accelerating changes to the scholarly record's content and stakeholder roles.
- Scholarly outcomes are contextualized by materials generated in the process and aftermath of scholarly inquiry.
- The research process generates materials covering methods employed, evidence used, and formative discussion.
- The research aftermath generates materials covering discussion, revision, and reuse of scholarly outcomes.
- The scholarly record is evolving to have greater emphasis on collecting and curating context of scholarly inquiry.
- The scholarly record's stakeholder ecosystem encompasses four key roles: create, fix, collect, and use.
- The stakeholder ecosystem supports thinking about how roles are reconfigured as the scholarly record evolves.