New York Public Library is recruiting a Senior Applications Developer.
Here's an excerpt from the ad.
What you will do:
- Design and implement scalable, optimized, and maintainable database driven web applications.
- Help design new open source features for the Fedora-based open source repository.
- Collaborate with a larger team across the library to create new and innovative online experiences for our users.
- Design and build APIs in order to extend our rich content and information to audiences spanning from NYC to the global community.
- Employ object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design.
- Develop applications that astound us. (And document them so we know what you did).