Grand Valley State University is recruiting a Metadata & Digital Curation Librarian.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
- Advise all metadata creation activities throughout the libraries and selects, designs, adapts and maintains appropriate metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies and data dictionaries to facilitate access to resources in the libraries' catalog, digital collections and institutional repository;
- Track developments in metadata schemas and lead the ongoing development and implementation of metadata standards and best practices within the libraries and across the university;
- Assist in setting policies, priorities and practices for the production, management and preservation of the library's digital assets;
- Supports archival, e-records management and scholarly communication programs;
- Provide consultative support and expertise to GVSU faculty and academic units on research projects to address their data service needs, including the development of data management plans for grant applications to ensure usability, preservation and access.