This excerpt from its "Our Open Access Manifesto" describes its philosophy and business model:
Polimetrica Publisher works from a simple premise: that for a better future of the people it’s possible to disseminate the knowledge by publishing innovative books freely accessible to anyone in the world who might be interested.
Informed by that premise, we’re trying to build a new model of scientific publishing that embraces economic self-subsistence, openness, and fairness; the model is based on the following elements:
- each scientific book is published in two editions: a printed edition, available in the market, and an electronic edition, freely available through the web; both editions are identified by a different ISBN code.
- each scientific book is edited in collaboration with universities or with authoritative professors or specialists.
- the printed edition is distributed on the international market.
- the electronic edition is free access through the Polimetrica web site.
- Polimetrica pays to the author or to the academic institution on all sales of the printed edition a 10% royalty of the net receipts.
- each scientific publication is funded by a contribution of 1.500 Euros about.
- anyone interested in our activities is encouraged to buy a membership; the members will have access to special conditions. Additional information are at the page
Polimetrica Publisher currently has three membership options that provide a specified number of books on CD-ROM/DVD, discount prices, and newsletters.
To download free digital book, the user fills out a form providing name, country, and e-mail address. A download link is sent to the provided e-mail address.
A book that may be of particular interest to DigitalKoans readers is Open Access: Open Problems.