The Oxford e-Research Centre has released Scoping Digital Repository Services for Research Data Management, a project plan for determining the requirements for handling data in a federated digital repository at Oxford University.
Here's an excerpt from the "Aims and Objectives" section:
- Capture and document researchers’ requirements for digital repository services to handle research data.
- Participate actively in the development of an interoperability framework for the federated digital repository at Oxford.
- Make recommendations to improve and coordinate the provision of digital repository services for research data.
- Initiate and develop collaborations with the different repository activities already occurring to ensure that communication takes place in between them.
- Raise awareness at Oxford of the importance and advantages of the active management of research data.
- Communicate significant national and international developments in repositories to relevant Oxford stakeholders, in order to stimulate the adoption of best practices.