SPARC has published Campus-based Publishing Partnerships: A Guide to Critical Issues.
Here's an excerpt from the report's Web page:
SPARC’s Campus-based Publishing Partnerships: A Guide to Critical Issues addresses issues relevant to building sound and balanced partnerships, including:
- Establishing governance and administrative structures;
- Identifying funding models that accommodate the objectives of both libraries and presses;
- Defining a partnership’s objectives to align the missions of the library and the press;
- Determining what services to provide; and
- Demonstrating the value of the collaboration.
Also see SPARC's new Campus-based Publishing Resource Center.