Houston Public Library is recruiting a Digital Project Manager.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Digital Project Manager leads the library's Digital Projects and will have primary responsibility for building a comprehensive digital initiatives program.
Other position specific accountabilities are as follows:
- In collaboration with special collections managers, identify existing content within the library for digitization;
- Seek out new content and new partners for digital initiatives.
- Manage a wide range of project activities using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Provide leadership in technical planning, technical implementation, management and support of digital collections, working with IT, Web, and Cataloging staff.
- Develop specifications and requirements within project scope and budget and manage contracts with external service providers.
- Identify grant and other external support and take the lead in grant writing.
- Promote use of the institution's digital collections through demonstrations to library departments and affiliated groups and at professional conferences.
- Serve as the institution's representative to various consortia on shared digital initiatives.