DigitalPreservationEurope has released its Digital Preservation Video Training Course, a series of digital videos recorded at the DPE/Planets/CASPAR/nestor Joint Training Event: Starting out: Preserving Digital Objects-Principles and Practice in October 2008.
Here's an excerpt from the course page:
The training introduces participants to a number of key digital preservation principles. Participants will leave with:
- an awareness and understanding of key digital preservation issues and challenges,
- an appreciation of the range of roles and responsibilities involved with digital preservation activity,
- knowledge about the reference model for Open Archival Information System (OAIS),
- a familiarity with file formats currently considered beneficial for preservation,
- a developed understanding of the role and use of metadata and representation information,
- knowledge of the preservation planning process and its benefits to overall digital preservation strategies,
- an insight into the concepts of trust and trustworthiness in the context of digital preservation,
- a working knowledge of the issues surrounding audit methodologies and self-certification of digital repositories.