Here's an excerpt:
Over the three months that it has been available as a beta version:
- Over 100 UK universities have signed up to participate in the service;
- Traffic to the site has grown to over 550,000 hits per month;
- The number of theses available for immediate download has tripled, from 4,000 in January to over 12,500 at the end of April;
- It has become the most popular linking destination from the British Library Integrated Catalogue, generating four times more links than the next most popular resource. . . .
Details on the size of the backlog at the end of April:
- Number of theses waiting to be digitised: c10,000;
- Average number of new requests for theses per day (as of 6/5/09): 100;
- Digitisation capacity (theses per day): 175;
- Forecast date for complete digitisation of theses in backlog: October 2009.