The University of Michigan Library is recruiting a Drupal Developer/Designer. Salary: $40,000-$45,000; final salary dependent on education and previous relevant experience.
Here's an excerpt from the ad (job id: 40465):
The University Library web site provides access to resources, services, collections, news and staff of the University Library. The University Library web environment serves to facilitate and support branch and divisional library web sites and resources as well as to create an integrated and coherent Library-wide web environment responsive to the information and access needs of our users. The web site is built with Drupal 6, makes extensive use of Solr, and is integrated with the library's catalog (VuFind) and article discovery (Metalib) tools. It serves as a virtual extension and representation of the Library, is designed to be easily navigable; and to provide timely and accurate news and information, customization options and a sense of identity and coherence to the user. . . .
Reporting to the Web Systems Manager, the Drupal Developer/Designer is an integral part of a team developing innovative library services tailored to the University Library's diverse user base. The Drupal Developer/Designer works independently and with other developers in Library Web Systems to:
- Maintain and extend the existing public Drupal web site
- Design, develop, and maintain a new Drupal-powered staff intranet
- Develop new functionality for the library's web sites
- Maintain and extend the sites' graphic identity to other library web tools and services (in consultation with the Director of Communications and the User Experience Department)
- Serve as backup developer for the library's non-Drupal applications
- Design and extend the graphic identity of library web sites