The NDIIPP-funded Preserving Digital Public Television project has released Preserving Digital Public Television: Final Report.
Here's an excerpt:
The goals of the PDPTV project were to:
- Design and build a prototype preservation repository for born-digital public television content;
- Develop a set of standards for metadata, file and encoding formats, and production workflow practices;
- Recommend selection criteria for long-term retention;
- Examine issues of long-term content accessibility and methods for sustaining digital preservation of public television materials, including IP concerns.
- Introduce the importance of digital preservation to the public broadcasting community.