CLOCKSS is recruiting an Executive Director.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
CLOCKSS is a global nonprofit, community-governed archive that preserves digital scholarly materials for the very long term through a geo-physical and geo-political distributed network of archive nodes. . . .
• Operations: Manage all aspects of CLOCKSS operations – marketing, strategy, board relations, finances, and part-time staff. Prepare annual plan with objectives, a budget and financial projections.
• Member development and growth: CLOCKSS receives contributions from participating publishers and libraries. Recruit new publishers and libraries to meet financial targets for growth. Make sure that the archive responds to the needs of the scholarly community as it relates to archiving scholarly content. Create a valuable community and services to participants.
• Marketing: Provide a vision and voice that establishes CLOCKSS as a valuable and unique international scholarly archive. Create outreach and campaigns to the community to attract and follow up with new participating publishers and libraries.
• Board coordination: build consensus and report activities on a regular basis.
• Staff: manage several part-time staff members and coordinate activities with our Stanford technology partners. To meet program needs, hire new employees as resources allow.
• Leadership: Raise the profile of CLOCKSS by speaking at conferences and seminars and writing articles. Keep up-to-date with developments in scholarly publishing and issues facing academic libraries. Form strategic alliances with other groups in the scholarly communications arena.
• Fundraising: In addition to participation fees, CLOCKSS seeks to build an endowment for long-term stability. Explore foundation and individual donor funding and launch an endowment campaign over the next two to three years.