The Binghamton University Libraries are recruiting a Library Systems Specialist (Lead Programmer/Analyst).
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Library Technology Department supports the various systems related needs in the Library. The incumbent provides excellent service and support to Library staff and users as well as communicating effectively with all Library departments and with Computing Services. The position reports to the Assistant Director for Library Technology.
- Install, upgrade, maintain, and provide technical support for all aspects of staff desktop and laptop computers, public computers (Microsoft Windows 7 and XP, Mac OS X), printers, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and support Library-specific and other software applications; e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite, Aleph client, Ariel, electronic reserves, Adobe Creative Suite, and scanning software.
- The successful candidate is responsible for overall customer satisfaction as the primary contact for help desk support during normal business hours.
- Resolve staff and patron's technical problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide training to staff on all aspects of Library applications, work-flow and general technology trends.
- Maintain/increase personal knowledge and skills through continuing education and professional development.