The National Agricultural Library is recruiting a Librarian (Digital Projects). Note: "This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months. Position may be extended up to a maximum total appointment time of 4 years."
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
You will participate in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of core digital initiatives. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and/or add meta-data, classification, and search capabilities;
- Recommend enhancements to NAL’s web presence;
- Seek creative solutions to leverage current technologies to integrate content and realize improvements in information management, such as Web 2.0, RSS feeds, wikis, and blogs;
- Initiate the development of electronic library information tools and services for information delivery, such as Zotero, EndNotes, and RefWorks;
- Collaborate with task forces and groups of diverse national and international members to forge information-sharing partnerships, enhance digital collections, and further database or other digital development initiatives; and
- Provide formal and informal training and support in web-based and traditional formats to staff and customers to facilitate effective use of digital content and technologies.