The University of Texas at San Antonio Library is recruiting a Web Developer.
Here's an excerpt from the ad (requisition number: 20110073):
- Provide support to dynamically generated Web pages with the design, maintenance, and development of databases using MySql or MS SQL and writing scripts in PHP, Perl, or Python.
- Consult with library staff for their business needs and requirements in designing databases or other applications.
- Collaborate with library staff in integrating various Web applications including Web 2.0 tools from the user's perspective looking for integrative solutions.
- Troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to library users and staff on the use of web applications.
- Research and evaluate alternative technologies to recommend the best options addressing the library needs and implement new technologies upon approval.
- Provide support for database queries for library collections and usages in MS Access or SQL*Plus.
- Provide training to other library staff and systems personnel.