Virgil E.Varvel, Jr. and Andrea Thomer have self-archived the Google Digital Humanities Awards Recipient Interviews Report in IDEALS.
Here's an excerpt:
As input into the development, design, and improvement of the HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC), recipients of Google's Digital Humanities Grants were interviewed to identify issues encountered during their projects. This project was guided by the following goals:
- Increase empirical understanding of how to identify materials for use by scholars.
- Increase empirical understanding of how to provide better access to materials for use by scholars.
- Identify meaningful characteristics of content that affect identification, retrieval, and other parameters.
- Identify data preprocessing and transformation issues encountered by scholars.
- Provide input to inform the architecture of the HTRC related to representation of collections, faceted browsing, identifiers, etc.