East Carolina University's J.Y. Joyner Library is recruiting a Discovery Services Librarian.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Library Technology, the Discovery Services Librarian will:
- Provide leadership and vision in the management, support, integration, and administration of the Library's suite of information management and discovery systems
- Work collaboratively with ECU Libraries' faculty and staff to evaluate the Libraries' online resource discovery environment and to develop and implement strategies and innovative solutions to improve external and internal user experience and maximize system functionality
- Chair or co-chair library discovery committees
- Serve as head of the Discovery Services department and supervise two to three staff whose responsibilities include administering the integrated library system
- Monitor trends and best practices in library discovery; recommend and facilitate improvements to existing systems and services