The University of California, Berkeley is recruiting a Data Technology Lead.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Data Technology Lead will:
- Support the Library's data applications, including GIS, and other digital library programs.
- Adopt, adapt, develop and maintain software to provide a web-based geospatial discovery and access portal using open source technologies in an inter-institutional, community-based, development effort.
- Work with server and database administrators to provision the necessary computing systems to support data services.
- Implement and manage spatial data infrastructure, including administration of specialized GIS application including geoserver, geohydra, geoblacklight.
- Develop software for the import and management of UCB's GIS data collections.
- Manage data services, e.g., OAI, SOLR API, data set management and access.