The European Commission CIP-ICT Policy Support Programme has allocated 25 million euros for digital libraries in 2009.
A budget of 25 million euros is allocated to digital libraries in the 2009 call. The main goals of this call are contributing to Europeana (the European digital library) and maximizing the impact of European research results. The specific objectives are:
- Developing services to improve the usability of Europeana
- Aggregating content for Europeana
- Digitising content for Europeana
- Open access to scientific information
- Use of heritage content for education