The Loyola Marymount University Library is recruiting a Librarian II, Digital Library Program. Required degree: "Typically a Master's Degree in Library/Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited program or related field or equivalent experience."
Here's an excerpt from the ad (requisition number: 0120195):
Lead and manage the Digital Library Program, comprising digital collections and the institutional repository.
- Lead the technical planning, implementation, management and support of digital collections. Develop project proposals, workflow guidelines, and quality control procedures for library digitization projects; manage selected projects. Manage workflow processes and procedures and content in the CONTENTdm system.
- In collaboration with collections managers, identify existing content within the library for digitization. Seek out new content and new partners for digital initiatives.
- Consult with university faculty and staff regarding current and potential digitization projects and services offered by the library.
- Manage the institutional repository, drafting policies and developing workflows for the deposit of content. Supervise and provide quality control for daily operations. Serve as primary administrator for the Digital Commons site, and liaison with university departments managing journals, refereed series, or symposia on the site.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for the repository, including user support and education on scholarly communication issues.