Research Councils UK has released Open Data Dialogue: Final Report.
Here's an excerpt:
Undertaken on the behalf of the Research Councils UK in partnership with JISC, the Royal Society and Sciencewise-ERC, this public dialogue explored views on open data, data reuse and data management policies within research.
The public dialogue was designed to:
- Provide insight on the business issues that the dialogue will support, at the research councils and JISC
- Build on prior work in the area and account for the wider policy framework
- Engage people meaningfully around this complex area, enabling the public to frame issues and test out any principles emerging across a range of research contexts.
The research comprised a number of elements:
- an initial literature and policy review of the area
- two reconvened discussion groups in Swindon and Oldham
- a workshop involving key stakeholders conducted between the first and second wave of the public dialogues.
Read more about it at Evaluation of Public Dialogue on Open Data: Report to Research Councils UK.