A preprint of the article "Open Access Webliography" by Adrian K. Ho and Charles W. Bailey, Jr. is now available. This annotated webliography presents a wide range of electronic resources related to the open access movement that were freely available on the Internet as of April 2005.
This article appears in the volume 33, no. 3 (2005) issue of "Reference Services Review," which is a special issue about "the role of the reference librarian in the development, management, dissemination, and sustainability of institutional repositories."
A preprint of my "The Role of Reference Librarians in Institutional Repositories" article in this issue is also available.
Both preprints are under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.
Below is a list of the topics covered in the webliography:
- Starting Points
- Directories—E-Prints, Institutional Repositories, and
- Directories—Open Access and Free Journals
- Directories and Guides—Copyright and Licensing
- Directories and Guide—Open Access Publishing
- Directories and Guides—Software
- Disciplinary Archives
- E-Serials about Open Access
- Free E-Serials That Frequently Publish Open Access
- General Information
- Mailing Lists
- Publishers and Distributors
- Search Engines
- Special Programs for Developing Countries