ICA-AtoM 1.0.4 beta has been released.
Here's an excerpt from the What is ICA-AtoM? page:
ICA-AtoM stands for International Council on Archives—Access to Memory. It is a web-based, open-source application for standards-based archival description in a multi-lingual, multi-repository environment.
- HTML pages served to a web browser from a web server. Apache is used in development but ICA-AtoM is also compatible with IIS.
- A database on a database server. MySQL is used in development but ICA-AtoM uses a database abstraction layer and is therefore also compatible with Postgres, SQLite, SQLServer, Oracle, etc.
- PHP5 software code that manages requests and responses between the web clients, the application logic and the application content stored in the database.
- The Symfony web framework that organizes the component parts using object-orientation and best practice web design patterns.
- The Qubit Open Information Management toolkit, developed by the ICA-AtoM project and customized to make the ICA-AtoM application.