SPARC has released a series of videos about digital repositories.
Here's an excerpt from the press release:
The video series was taped at the November 2008 SPARC repositories meeting, and underscores the central role of repositories across library services. Particular emphasis is placed on the added value they contribute to the institution and on the importance of funding repository development even in lean economic times. The clips feature three full-length plenary addresses plus seven short interviews with leading-edge repository implementers, including:
- Ernie Ingles, Vice Provost and Chief Librarian at University of Alberta
- Michelle Kimpton, Executive Director of the DSpace Foundation
- Bonnie Klein, Information Collection/Copyright Specialist at the US Defense Technical Information Center
- Catherine Mitchell, Director of the eScholarship Publishing Group at California Digital Library (CDL)
- Sarah Shreeves, IDEALS Coordinator at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- David Shulenburger, Vice President for Academic Affairs of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges (NASULGC)
- John Wilbanks, Vice President for Science at Creative Commons
- Bob Witeck, CEO of Witeck-Combs Communications Inc.