MOAI 1.0.6 has been released.
Here's an excerpt from the MOAI Web page:
MOAI has some interesting features not found in most OAI servers. Besides serving OAI, it can also harvest OAI. This makes it possible for MOAI to work as a pipe, where the OAI data can be reconfigured, cached, and enriched while it passes through the MOAI processing.
More specifically MOAI has the ability to:
- Harvest data from different kinds of sources
- Serve many OAI feeds from one MOAI server, each with their own configuration
- Turn metadata values into OAI sets on the fly, creating new collections
- Use OAI sets to filter records shown in a feed, configurable for each feed
- Work easily with relational data (e.g. if an author changes, the publication should also change)
- Simple and robust authentication through integration with the Apache webserver
- Serve assets via Apache while still using configurable authentication rules