The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development has released Information Economy Report 2009: Trends and Outlook in Turbulent Times.
Here's an excerpt from the announcement:
- Global and regional trends in the diffusion of ICTs such as fixed and mobile telecommunications, Internet, and broadband
- Ranking of the most dynamic economies in terms of increased ICT connectivity between 2003 and 2008
- Monitoring of the “digital divide”
- Survey of national statistical offices on the use of ICT in the business sector
- A review of the changing patterns in the trade of ICT goods
- A mapping of the new geography in the offshoring of IT and ICT-enabled services.
- Policy recommendations on how developing countries can reap greater benefits from ICT
- A statistical annex with global ICT data.