JISC has released the Online Catalogue and Repository Interoperability Study (OCRIS): Final Report.
Here's an excerpt:
The aims and objectives of OCRIS were to:
- Survey the extent to which repository content is in scope for institutional library OPACs, and the extent to which it is already recorded there;
- Examine the interoperability of OPAC and repository software for the exchange of metadata and other information;
- List the various services to institutional managers, researchers, teachers and learners offered respectively by OPACs and repositories;
- Identify the potential for improvements in the links (e.g. using link resolver technology) from repositories and/or OPACs to other institutional services, such as finance or research administration;
- Make recommendations for the development of possible further links between library OPACs and institutional repositories, identifying the benefits to relevant stakeholder groups.