The Digital Library Federation is recruiting a Senior Program Officer.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Digital Library Federation (DLF) seeks to further its mission of enabling new research and scholarship by providing leadership and developing opportunities to facilitate shared actions, resources, and infrastructures to extend, secure and preserve the scholarly and cultural record in digital form.
As a major program of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), the senior program officer reports to the president of CLIR, and will play a critical role in the definition and implementation of CLIR/DLF programs and the evolution of its mission.
Specific responsibilities of the senior program officer will include:
- articulating the vision of DLF in a way that signifies and promotes its values, particularly fostering a greater awareness of the international aspects of the concept of digital libraries and the need to coordinate all major activity as part of a global effort
- providing leadership and intellectual direction for the Forum and other programmatic activities
- working with and expanding the sponsoring organizations
- identifying and developing strategic partnerships to support goals and programs
- fundraising, with a particular emphasis on raising funds for the DLF sponsoring organizations, and to work with national funding agencies, private and public, to assure a rational, coordinated approach to project support
- managing the staff, budget, and assets to accomplish the programs and projects of the organization
- communicating effectively and persuasively with relevant organizations