Presentations from the DRF International Conference 2009: Open Access Repositories Now and in the Future—From the Global and Asia-Pacific Points of View are now available. The Digital Repository Federation is "a federation consisting of 87 universities and research institutes (as of February 2009), which aims to promote Open Access and Institutional Repository in Japan."
Here's a quick selection of presentations:
- Before and after DRF Initiative: A Cluster of Institutional Repository Programs beyond the Traditional Role of the Library, Hideki Uchijima (Kanazawa University)
- Future Perspectives of Institutional Repositories in Taiwan, Simon C. Lin, Ya-Ning Chen (Academia Sinica)
- Innovation in Scholarly Communication in High-Energy Physics:Repositories and Open Access, Salvatore Mele (CERN)
- Suggestions for Asian/Australasian Regional Cooperation based on a Critical Evaluation of Collaboration and Standardisation across Australian Institutional Repositories, Peter Sefton (University of Southern Queensland)
- A Retrospective of NII Projects on New Perspectives in CSI, Jun Adachi (National Institute of Informatics)