The Center for History and New Media at George Mason University has released Omeka 1.2.
Here's an excerpt from the download page
Omeka version 1.2 includes following features and plug-ins:
- Four themes that are easy to adapt with simple CSS changes and theme configuration
- Exhibit Builder plugin with 12 page layouts and 5 exhibit themes
- Tagging for items and exhibits
- RSS feeds for items
- COinS plug-in making items readable by Zotero
- SimplePages plugin for easily making static pages
Here's a brief description of Omeka from Omeka: Serious Web Publishing.
Omeka is a free, flexible, and open source web-publishing platform for the display of library, museum, archives, and scholarly collections and exhibitions. Its "five-minute setup" makes launching an online exhibition as easy as launching a blog. Omeka is designed with non-IT specialists in mind, allowing users to focus on content and interpretation rather than programming. It brings Web 2.0 technologies and approaches to academic and cultural websites to foster user interaction and participation. It makes top-shelf design easy with a simple and flexible templating system. Its robust open-source developer and user communities underwrite Omeka’s stability and sustainability.
Read more about it at "Configurable Themes in 1.2."