Johns Hopkins University is recruiting a Data Management Specialist.
Here's an excerpt from the ad:
The Data Management Consultant will provide consultative data management planning support and training to JHU researchers. The primary duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Manage inquiries from researchers for data management planning support.
- Provide consultative support to PIs including evaluation of data planning needs, assessing options for sharing data, catering planning to specific granting agency or publisher requirements, and editing data management plans.
- Track specific scientific domain areas building knowledge and expertise in data types, formats, and needs within domains.
- Identify data standards, metadata standards, best practices for data management, etc. to continuously build expertise and improve provision of service.
- Maintain knowledge on a broad range of data repositories including their submission, Intellectual Property, and use arrangements, and provide guidance on repository selection for deposit.
- Develop and deliver data management training programs including training materials.
- Proactively collaborate and coordinate with JHUDMS team to implement data management plans, including coordinating data deposits with researchers and preparing collections for archiving in the JHU Data Archive.
Digital Scholarship | Digital Library Jobs | Library IT Jobs | Sitemap